Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Thinking Fireworks!

Well, I wish I had a great update but I don't. :( We've applied for a grant or 2, and got turned down for one. Please pray that one will come through. In the mean time we are busy trying to raise funds. We have a yard sale a couple weeks ago and raised approximately $130. We have a benefit pageant coming up (being put on by one of my favoritest people) to raise money, and hopefully can think of some other good ideas. Once we have our $15,000 secured we can get the ball rolling again.

Speaking of good ideas.......someone else mentioned maybe a fireworks tent. Still thinking on that one. Would love to do it but I think it takes more manpower than we have. Anyone know anything about the fireworks fundraising business?

2 comments:

  1. The Pea Ridge High School cheerleaders usually do a firework stand. The money is usually really good but you are right it takes lots of manpower. They have to have someone at the tent at all times. I can ask the sponsor how to go about getting one started if you would like me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?