Sunday, July 22, 2012

Update Long Overdue

September 25, 2010 was the last time I updated our blog.  All I can say is WOW!!!  So much has changed since then.  I would like to report that we have adopted a sweet little baby, but we haven't.  We have taken a different road since then though.  We are now in the process of adopting through DCFS.  It is much cheaper, and I'm happy to report we should be having our final walk through soon.  Once that is done we will be open, and awaiting a foster child.  Although we aren't guaranteed that the child we first get will be the one we are able to adopt, we pray that God will give us the strength to deal with the loss if the child gets to return home.  Without experiencing it firsthand I don't think I can say how I will feel if that time ever does come.  But knowing that we are helping children in desperate need of safety and shelter will hopefully outweigh the loss.  Please continue to praying that we will be strong while we wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?