Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fundraisers and the Baby's Room

Ok, so let me start off by saying that raising money for my own cause is a little weird, and makes me feel selfish, so instead Mom's in charge of it. Our current goal is $5000. That will get the ball rolling! We made cute little jars to put around places to collect change. They are so pretty! There's one at the church and we're putting one at Brenda's Kitchen. We also made some little ones to give to anyone who would like to collect at their house. We are also thinking about a Singing/Spaghetti dinner as well, and maybe a Celebrating Home fundraiser. Anybody got any other ideas? I was thinking maybe a raffle, but then we run into the problem of getting stuff donated. Anywho! Lots to think about!

In the meantime, I've been thinking about getting the baby's room ready. I love painting and decorating, so I can't wait to get started. Just trying to find something that's neutral since we don't know what we are gonna get. :) I found the cutest bedding set that has deer all over it. Perfect for a Grimes' baby I think. It's light green and chocolate, so I'm thinking chocolate halfway up the wall, and then green around the top. I also saw a cute tree painted on a wall, so I may try that on one wall as well!

Once that's all done, I will work on picking the furniture. Think I've already picked it all out between my trips to Target, Babies R Us, and The Baby's Room, but it may change several times before then!!

Well, that's the scoop for now.....going to the doctor Monday for my evaluation, and will hopefully get James in next week as well! One step closer once that's done!!!

OH, and if anyone hears of someone giving up their baby (sounds weird but since we've started this I've actually heard of several) let them know we are adopting and give them our information!! And PRAY people! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Kacey's room is a light green color (it was that way when we moved in) and I love it! Works with lots of the popular girly stuff out these days, but it would work with a lot of the boy stuff I've seen too. Plus,green is supposed to be a soothing color and soothing with babies is always good, lol!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?