Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Date Is Set

The date is set! Our final interviews and home inspection will be done on Monday, and we will be done with this phase of the process! The next step is to make a profile book which they will give out to the birthmothers that are making adoption plans. The birthmother looks through several and picks a family for her unborn child from those. Since I heard about this at our initial meeting I have been dreaming of the day when we would get to this point! But now I am pretty nervous. I was so excited to be able to make a scrapbook about us, but I'm thinking what if they don't like us after they read it? We're not extravagant people, just normal (or at least I like to think we are). What if we forget some major thing that the birthmother thinks is the deciding factor? From the beginning we felt this was God's will for our lives, so I am resigned to the fact that He will see it through, but I just can't shake these doubts. Will we ever get picked?

In the meantime, I have been cleaning up a storm, and, thankfully, I have finished the painting in our future Baby's Room. We don't have furniture for it really yet, but I did set up what we do have to make a makeshift nursery. Now all we need is the main ingredient!




During all of this commotion, my friend Nancee had her first baby. Welcome BIG baby Brayden! 10 lbs 5 oz!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute baby room! :) Good luck on your final home study! I know a lot of adoptive parents post their profiles on their blogs so maybe if you need some inspiration you can start there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HOW CUTE THE ROOM IS. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE DAY HAPPEN AND THEY LAY THAT BABY IN YOUR ARMS.. lOVE YA , SANDY

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?