Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Fundraiser

For the past several days I have been researching good fundraising ideas. I've found a few that I thought were interesting and that might work, so I sent off for more information on a couple.


One that caught my attention was for lip balm. Not just any old lip balm but s lip balm that was customized for our adoption. The one they showed online was called "Baby Kisses" and said "Lip balm benefiting and celebrating the Jones Family Adoption." Now how cute is that? Cute right? Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but will anyone really pay $3.00 for a tube of chapstick? I hope so.


In the meantime, I went to Sam's and bought a box of fundraiser candy bars for us to sell. I brought them home and printed out little labels thanking those who buy them for donating to our cause. I put one on each bar, so that everyone know how thankful we are for their support.


Here's a few pics of the candy:




I took them to James' work midday and he's already sold $20 worth! Although, one candy bar went for $10, I think this might just work! Thanks to that person for their donation! With that kind of response maybe someone will buy lipbalm for $3!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you found a good fundraiser for you guys! Chocolate is always good (even tempting those January dieters!) And I'm addicted to lip balm, so I would probably spend $3 on it if that makes you more confident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People will totally pony up $3 for lipbalm. Just think of all those people addicted to Burt's Bees, that can cost that much. And chocolate is always a hit! I'll be in AR in late March/early April if you have any left then :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?