Monday, January 25, 2010

Home Study Complete

Well, today was the day. I basically stressed myself out to the point that I now have a huge fever blister on my lip and sores in my mouth. I cleaned all day Saturday, Sunday night, and then woke up at 4:30 this morning worried about it, so I cleaned some more.

She got here at about 9:45 and started James' individual interview. She asked all about his family, his childhood, his relationship with his siblings, and his faith in God. After that there were several questions about us as a couple, like how we met, what we like to do together, what our strengths and weaknesses were, and about our finances. James left at that point and she asked me the same questions she had asked him about his family life and childhood years. The thought of that was very intimidating but it actually went very smooth. Sarah, our social worker, was very nice and we seem to have a lot in common.

Then came the walk through. I was expecting the white glove test, or at least an inspection of the living conditions in every room. That is not what happened in the least bit. (I really should be thankful, I guess, but I was so prepared!) What really happened is she wanted to see that the fire extinguisher was 10 feet from every bedroom. That's it!

All in all, it was a good meeting. She should have our home study wrote up in a couple weeks. In the meantime, we will be making profile books. This is the part I have been waiting for! We will write a "Letter to the Birthmother", and make a book all about us. We have about a month to get that all done, and then we have another $3,000 to pay.

We are not sure at this point where that money is going to come from, but as I was reading this morning I came across a verse that says: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." That reminds me that God has it all worked out, if we just trust in Him. So for now we will be selling candy bars..........A LOT of candy bars!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Did you tell her about our Babysitter Club plans? Because those were really impressive :) So glad to hear it all went well! Have fun making your profile books.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?